By Tim R. McClanahan,Joshua Cinner
Read or Download Adapting to a Changing Environment: Confronting the Consequences of Climate Change PDF
Best human geography books
Cellular communications applied sciences are setting out internationally, whereas city transportation and surveillance structures also are being rebuilt and up to date. Emergent practices of actual, informational and communicational mobility are reconfiguring styles of circulation, co-presence, social exclusion and protection throughout many city contexts.
This ebook is a entire remedy of the professionalization and institutionalization of the educational self-discipline of geography in Europe and North the USA, with emphasis at the twentieth century and the final region of the nineteenth. No different e-book has ever tried insurance of this type. it's proper to geographers, practitioners of the social and earth sciences, and historians of technological know-how and schooling.
Statistical Geoinformatics for Human surroundings Interface provides paradigms for learning either house and interface in regards to human/environment: localization and a number of symptoms. the 1st procedure localizes thematic ambitions by way of treating house as a trend of vicinities, with the trend being a sq. grid and the location of vicinities centrically referenced.
For hundreds of years it was once suspected that there needs to be an undiscovered continent within the southern hemisphere. yet explorers did not locate one. On his moment voyage to the Pacific, Captain cook dinner sailed additional south than any of his competitors yet nonetheless did not sight land. It was once no longer until eventually 1820 that the continent's frozen coast was once ultimately sighted.
- Zur kommunikativen Konstruktion von Räumen: Theoretische Konzepte und empirische Analysen (Theorie und Praxis der Diskursforschung) (German Edition)
- Borderlands in World History, 1700-1914
- The New Urban Area Development: A Case Study in China
- Wiley-Blackwell Student Dictionary of Human Evolution
- Climate Change, Culture, and Economics: Anthropological Investigations: 35 (Research in Economic Anthropology)
- Urban Subversion and the Creative City (Routledge Critical Studies in Urbanism and the City)
Extra resources for Adapting to a Changing Environment: Confronting the Consequences of Climate Change
Adapting to a Changing Environment: Confronting the Consequences of Climate Change by Tim R. McClanahan,Joshua Cinner